Thursday 8 August 2013

A subject to be continued

Fairly quickly I wanted to talk about ballet bodies before going to sleep.

I don't have a ballet body. I know that. I used to hate myself for it because there was nothing I could do to change it and my boyfriend's little sister, who also did ballet, had the perfect ballet body. She was slender with no curves, short but with long legs. I, on the other hand, have wider hips, thighs that are too big, I'm too muscly, my face is a rounder shape and I have short hair. All known to not be right for ballet. I eventually accepted the fact that the only part about me that was right for ballet were my long legs. However because they are so long, it makes it difficult to hold them up all the time. I will continue with this subject, probably tomorrow, but just to let you know even though it sounds mean with me saying it, you can't change your body. As much as you want to. Unless you want surgery... But I highly suggest you don't get surgery. All I'm saying is, if you're body isn't perfect, work on your technique instead of worrying about it. Be better than the perfectly bodied girls. While I shouldn't be encouraging competitiveness, I know you're going to be competitive anyway. So may as well worry about the important things and get ahead rather than let them get you down.

Dessus and dehors,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment